Event Time and Date
Passionate about service? Social justice? Inspiring change? Join us!
Leading trips, exploring your passions
STEP UP (Students Together Engaging in and Practicing Ut Prosim) is the student leadership team that coordinates all VT Engage service trips. Throughout each service experience and weekly meetings, our leaders explore their passion for service and the issues they care about.
Our leaders have the unique opportunity to develop their leadership capacities through the lenses of service and social justice. They coordinate a range of programs based on community-identified need:
- Get on the Bus trips: half- & day-long projects
- Campus Kitchen at Virginia Tech: food deliveries, diversion shifts in dining halls, cooking shifts, & service with community partners
- Recurring trips: semester-long, weekly trips with the same community partner
- Weekend & domestic alternative break trips
- International trips to Peru & the Dominican Republic
Engaging, learning-centered curriculum
Leaders attend weekly meetings where they are trained to lead impactful service and reflection experiences. As they progress through STEP UP, our leaders deepen their understanding of service as well as local and global issues. They also learn best practices for engaging with community and coordinating trips.
Why should you apply? You’ll...
- Deepen your connection to Ut Prosim. Explore the issues you care about while leading service opportunities.
- Develop a variety of skills. Grow as a leader while building communication, reflection facilitation, and trip management skills.
- Be part of a fun team. Venture out of your comfort zone as you learn with and from peer leaders.
Interested? Have questions? Contact Catherine Cotrupi at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-231-9186.